We are committed to protecting and respecting our customers when visiting us, visiting our website or communicating (electronically or verbally) with us. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website or communicate with us electronically and how we use it.
The type of information that is collected from you
The data we collect from you may be classed as ‘personal data’ – information about an individual who can be identified by it. The information we collect about you might include the following;
- your name / name of partner or spouse / name of your children and/or other guests’ names
- your address and postcode
- your email address
- your home telephone number / mobile number
- your date of birth
- your car registration number
- your IP address
- your web browser type and version
- your credit or debit card details when making a payment (this payment data is not retained beyond the date of the stay booked).
- any information regarding what pages on our website are accessed and when
We may collect data about:
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of your email and other correspondence.
- Details of visits to our website and the pages and resources that are accessed, including but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data that may assist us in understanding how visitors use our website. This may also include the resources that you access, and information about where you are on the internet including the domain type, IP address and URL that you came from. This information is collected and used for our internal research purposes and to improve our customer service and may be sent to third-party processors for the purposes of data analysis, to improve our marketing efforts and for targeting specific services and products.
- If you make a purchase from us via our website, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third-party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
Your privacy is important to us and we confirm that we will never release your personal data to any third party for their mailing or marketing purposes.
What we do with the information we gather
The information we collect is required to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our offers and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
We may use your information;
- To process your booking for accommodation or use of facilities.
- To provide you with information you have requested from us about our offers and services.
- To notify you about any changes to our business or website, including improvements, and service or product changes.
- To send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
- For our internal purposes including internal record keeping, statistical purposes, quality control, website performance and evaluation, improvements to products and services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
In order to comply with the relevant data protection legislation, we follow procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given to us, to prevent unauthorised access, misuse, alteration or loss of information under our control. We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Retention of information
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was obtained.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You have a ‘right to be forgotten’. You are legally entitled to access, modify, correct, revoke your consent and delete any data we hold relating to you. You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. We will not make contact with you unless you have opted in.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.